Sunday, January 14, 2007

Movies I've seen this weekend.

Children of Men: Saw it last night (friday the 12th) w/ Karlee, J.R., Jenny, Josh, & Deborah. Good, smart science fiction. Not the rockets and blasters type, the make you think type. Which is cool. I like this trend of "make you think" sci-fi movies. Although, all I can think of right now is Eternal Sunshine. One of the cool directorial aspects was that each and every death came as a shock. Despite the violence, the director never let you numb to the deaths. Pan's Labyrinth: Cool fantasy from Guillermo Del Toro. It's in spanish, subtitled, and limited release, so I know that'll prevent some folks I know from seeing it, but it's really good. It's got amazing effects, and the story is like a fairy tale, in that it's bloody and beautiful, and horrible and beautiful things happen. Saw it at the AFI, which I should go to more often. Come to think of it, I should go to more movies, cause I like that too.

No comments: